OUR ENVIRONMENT

Sunday, August 19, 2007






TREE OF REMEMBERANCE (PICCADILLY GARDENS, MANCHESTER)

I heard alot about the Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester City, so that was my first stop when i went to visit. It was a beautiful sunny day, and because it is school holidays, the place was packed with youths and kids, playing in the water fountains, and not caring if they got completely drenched. Other than the jetting water fountains, i cant say there was much else that attracted my attention. But as i took a closer look at my surrounding, i spotted a tall metal sculpture at one corner of the site. It was The Tree Of Rememberance and just beautiful. I loved how the artist managed to make the metal leaves look so delicate. This is the best feature at Piccadilly Gardens in my opinion, and worth the visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home